Naturally delicious, gut-friendly snacks
Fodbods was created by Melbourne-based Vanessa Hutchinson to fill a big gap in the market for wholesome snacks that don’t cause digestive discomfort.
With a busy corporate career, Vanessa was frequently eating on the go. She found that every snack she tried caused stomach aches and bloating, which made it hard to function optimally.
This predicament is incredibly common – in fact, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) affects up to 30% of the population. Consulting a dietitian revealed that the cause of Vanessa’s symptoms was FODMAPs – a group of carbohydrates found in a wide range of foods, especially protein bars. Upon eliminating FODMAPs from her diet, Vanessa’s symptoms resolved. This is the case for 75% of IBS sufferers.
Vanessa soon realised there was a distinct lack of healthy, low FODMAP snacking options on the market. This made it challenging for the millions of people with gut issues to eat on the go.
Fodbods was created to address this issue. They provide a delicious and nutritious snack that people can enjoy confidently, knowing they’ll feel fantastic afterwards.
What’s special about Fodbods?
• Dietitian formulated and endorsed: Providing a nutritious snacking option that ticks every box
• Crafted from only natural and organic ingredients: No additives, fillers, preservatives or emulsifiers – nothing that leaves you feeling bleh!
• Amazing, balanced macros: Rich in protein, healthy fats, fibre and minimal sugar
• Accommodating almost every dietary requirement: Vegan, gluten-free and certified low FODMAP (even an allergy-friendly range!)
• Sustainable: We’re very conscious of our impact on the environment. Our commitment is evident in our low carbon footprint, Australian-made products that are made from plant-based ingredients and in fully recyclable packaging (including the wrappers). And to top it off, Fodbods taste incredible. With a range of mouth-watering flavour combinations, there’s something for everyone to love.
Our considered product range is designed to cater for every consumer and a variety of snacking occasions.
Made from Australian nuts, a blend of plant proteins (for a fuller amino acid profile), organic rice malt and natural flavours. With ~16g of protein, healthy fats and minimal sugar, they’ll keep you feeling fantastic and full of energy.
Their allergy-friendly bars are perfect for adults and kids. Made from tiger nuts (a unique superfood), buckwheat and coconut, the Buddies have less than 6g of sugar per bar and are high in prebiotic fibre to support digestion.
Crunchy little bites made from sunflower seeds, buckwheat and chia seeds. The Nibbles are delicious, nutritious and versatile.